*$5,000 Sign On Bonus Eligible* Blood Bank Laboratory Supervisor (TN-MT)
Louisville, TN 37777 US
BLOODBANK LAB SUPERVISOR
FULL TIME - ASCP REQUIRED
Connected Health Care is searching for a seasoned Lab Supervisor to join our team in Maryville, Tennessee. If you currently have leadership experience, or are looking to make the next step in your career, this could be great fit for you.
The Lab Supervisor will oversee the routine activities of the laboratory or a laboratory section to ensure that staffing is adequate and that tests are performed, recorded, and reported in a timely manner and in accordance with quality standards. You will also assist with staff hiring, training, performance evaluations, payroll, etc.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Supervises the work of assigned subordinates engaged in the pre-analytical, analytical, and/or post-analytical phases of testing. Performs all delegated functions as defined by facility CLIA Director.
- Prepares schedules, coordinates job assignments, and monitors personnel. Assist in the selection, orientation, training, assignments, evaluations, discipline, and discharge of employees.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures related to the laboratory, staffing, and scheduling.
- Communicates and escalates staffing issues or other concerns to management in a timely manner.
- Monitors the inventory system to ensure that necessary supplies are available as needed and in the proper quantity.
- Assists with implementing quality assurance programs and maintains standards and records that document compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Assists with the review of all quality control, proficiency testing, instrument maintenance, and quality assurance records, and any associated corrective action.
- Assists with the preparation and monitoring of annual budgets.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Knowledge of laboratory regulations, protocols and procedures.
- Analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate instructions.
- Ability to perform laboratory protocols and procedures.
- Knowledge of safety and infection control standards.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to make tactical decisions around the allocation and direction of the work of supervised employees using established guidelines, policies and/or procedures.
- Ability to make effective hiring and termination recommendations.
- Ability to train, and evaluate performance of supervised staff.
- General computer skills, including but not limited to: Microsoft Office, information security, scheduling and payroll systems, electronic medical documentation, and email.
EDUCATION - Bachelor's or 4 years of work experience above the minimum qualification.
EXPERIENCE – Minimum of 4 years of experience required. Blood bank and proven leadership background preferred.
LICENSE- MT Certification
If you are interested in hearing more about this great opportunity, please contact:
Devin Miller - Account Manager