Cancer Center Radiation Therapist - 10k Sign on bonus & Competitive Pay
Payson, AZ 85547 US
Sign on Bonus
Connected Health Care is searching for a seasoned Radiation Therapist to join a community based hospital near Payson, AZ.
The Radiation Therapist, under general supervision of a Radiation Oncologist, performs radiation therapy procedures on ambulatory and hospital patients as requested by a physician or other licensed provider for the diagnosis of disease and injury in accordance with established protocols.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Performs high quality radiation therapy procedures, according to exam protocol, in a timely manner. Maintains production and quality of imaging procedures by following established standards and procedures.
- Utilizes AIDET when communicating with patients to: identify patient service requirements, ensure correct exam is performed on the correct patient, and establish rapport with patients and others. Instructs and communicates with patients and their family regarding the test to be performed and assesses patient's ability to tolerate exam.
- Prepares patient and area for procedure by positioning patient, adjusting immobilization devices, moving equipment into specified position and adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to safety requirements, infection-control, drug and radiation policies, protocols and techniques. Uses proper sterile techniques when setting up and performing invasive multimodality procedures and maintains hand hygiene requirements.
- Maintains equipment and work area to meet quality and cleanliness standards. Works with engineers and physicists to ensure optimal operational capabilities of equipment. Reports issues to management or appropriate department. Assists in maintaining supplies inventory.
- Ensures individuals are safe to enter the department by screening them according to approved policies and procedures.
- Obtains, verifies and maintains all relevant documentation such as requisition/chart, patient history, pregnancy status and shielding precautions taken, consent forms, policies and procedures, etc.
- Maintains medical imaging records in appropriate system and according to department policies and standards for interpretation in a timely manner.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Able to perform high quality radiation therapy procedures according to exam protocol in a timely manner.
- Able to explain the procedure and put patients at ease.
- Able to provide services in a timely, accurate, and cost-efficient manner in compliance with established System and regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
- Able to perform tasks independently without need for routine oversight.
- Able to maintain a calm and helpful attitude, even under times of stress, and take appropriate and reasonable steps to resolve issues.
- Able to effectively administer first aid and use emergency cart.
- Able to ensure customer satisfaction by limiting wait times, providing courteous service, remaining professional, reviewing patient satisfaction scores and developing action plans when required.
- Demonstrates and maintains current knowledge, continued education and skills appropriate care for the following age groups (specific to department): newborn, pediatric, young adult, adult and geriatric.
- Able to serve as preceptor by providing quality training to new team members and on new services and initiatives.
- Able to take call, if required.
- EDUCATION - Grad of an Accredited Program
- EXPERIENCE - 1 Year OR more of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- ARRT-T Radiation Therapy (ARRT-T): Certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists in Radiation Therapy (ARRT-T).
- Medical Radiologic Tech (MRT): Licensed by the State of Arizona Medical Board as a Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT).
Savannah Rohrbacher – Recruiter
(512) – 605 – 2288