Emergency Medical Services Coordinator (EMS) Full Time
Auburn, NE 68305 US
Program Management: Lead and coordinate all facets of the organization's EMS program, ensuring the delivery of services that are effective, efficient, and compliant with applicable regulations.
Resource Optimization: Manage the allocation of resources, including personnel, vehicles, and equipment, to ensure optimal coverage and swift response times during emergency situations.
Training Development: Design and implement comprehensive training initiatives for EMS personnel, encompassing EMTs and paramedics. Maintain continuous training to uphold certifications and elevate skill sets.
Policy Enhancement: Formulate, review, and modernize policies and protocols related to EMS operations, patient care, safety, and the pursuit of quality enhancement.
Quality Assurance Initiatives: Institute programs for quality assurance, systematically evaluating the performance of EMS personnel, gauging patient outcomes, and pinpointing areas for refinement.
Regulatory Compliance: Guarantee adherence to federal, state, and local regulations governing EMS operations, patient care, and safety measures.
Emergency Coordination: Orchestrate swift responses to emergency scenarios, including catastrophes, major accidents, and incidents with multiple casualties. Offer guidance to EMS teams on patient care and scene management.
Effective Communication: Sustain open and efficient communication with medical staff, first responders, law enforcement, and pertinent stakeholders, ensuring a coordinated and seamless response to emergencies.
Data Management and Analysis: Collect, analyze, and uphold accurate data concerning EMS operations, response times, patient care, and outcomes. Employ data insights to detect trends and make informed decisions.
Community Engagement: Collaborate with community organizations, educational institutions, and public health agencies to elevate awareness regarding EMS services and foster education on public safety.
Equipment Maintenance Oversight: Supervise the maintenance and readiness of EMS vehicles, medical equipment, and supplies, warranting their optimal functionality at all times.
Financial Stewardship: Assist in crafting and overseeing the EMS budget, encompassing allocation of funds for training, equipment, and operational requirements.
Inspirational Leadership: Provide strong leadership to EMS personnel, cultivating a positive and cooperative team atmosphere. Address personnel matters and encourage professional growth.
Meticulous Documentation: Assure accurate and punctual documentation of patient care, incidents, and other pertinent data, aligning with established protocols.
Continuous Professional Growth: Stay abreast of developments in EMS practices, regulations, and technological advancements. Attend conferences, workshops, and seminars to enrich knowledge and competencies.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Emergency Medical Services, Healthcare Administration, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Certification as an EMT-Paramedic or equivalent higher EMS certification.
- Multiple years of progressively responsible experience as an EMT or paramedic.
- Profound familiarity with EMS protocols, patient care standards, and regulatory frameworks.
- Proficient communication skills and adept leadership capabilities.
- Capacity to manage multiple responsibilities and prioritize effectively under pressure.
- Competence in data analysis and relevant computer software for EMS operations.
- Understanding of incident command systems and emergency preparedness.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Familiarity with state and federal EMS regulations.
- Possession of a valid driver's license and a commendable driving record.
- Physical fitness and capability to perform physically demanding tasks.
If you would like to hear more, please contact :
Meredith Lusby - Account Manager