FT Scrub Tech *Up to $60,000 annually*
Fredricktown, OH US
UP TO $60,000 ANNUALLY
Connected Health Care has been engaged by a renowned healthcare system in Mount Vernon, Ohio seeking a full-time staff Surgical Tech. This is a great opportunity to join a team of friendly and driven people in a world-class hospital that is well-regarded in their community.
This healthcare system provides unmatched opportunities for growth and advancement while also prioritizing work life balance. If you are an Surg Tech looking to take the next step in your career, this could be a great opportunity for you.
- Assists surgeons and nurses with patients, equipment preparation, aseptic technique, and surgical procedures in the operating room.
- Prepares the operating room for surgery by assembling routine supplies, materials, instruments, and equipment; obtains special supplies indicated by physician.
- Set up and operate a variety of specialized instrumentation, manual and powered equipment.
- Follows procedures for pre and post-operative accounting of sharps, sponges and instruments used in the surgical set up.
- Accountable for the care and handling of instruments and equipment.
- Maintains inventory of sterile surgical supplies to ensure immediate availability.
- Operates sterilization equipment for the proper sterilization of surgical instruments.
- Follows established sterilization policy and procedures.
- Assists in evaluating various products, supplies and equipment pertinent to the operating room.
- Assists in the preparation, transportation, and positioning of patients for surgery and provides for the physical comfort, safety and privacy during the intra-operative patient.
- Observes patient for symptoms which may indicate a change in condition; reports significant observations to the appropriate member of the medical team for immediate attention.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the principles of sterile technique and infection control; practices appropriate procedures to maintain a sterile environment.
- Appropriately cleans surgical instruments and equipment.
- Prepares tissue and other specimens for laboratory analyses.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a surgical technician training program or equivalent job training.
- Certified as a surgical technician or two years of experience in lieu of certification.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Want to hear more about this opportunity? Contact us today!