LPN - Full Time - Nursing Home
Shenandoah, IA 51602 US
Long Term Care Facility
Connected Health Care is partnered with a long term care facility in need of a full-time LPN to join their team. This facility is located near Shenandoah, Iowa. If you are a new grad or experienced nursing candidate, this may be for you!
A full-time LPN in long-term care is responsible for delivering comprehensive nursing care to residents, ensuring their physical and emotional well-being. This role involves providing medication, treatments, assessments, and maintaining accurate records while promoting a safe and comfortable environment.
- Assess residents' health conditions and needs, including vital signs, and document findings accurately.
- Develop and implement nursing care plans in collaboration with the healthcare team to address individual resident needs.
- Administer medications, injections, and treatments as prescribed by physicians.
Wound Care and Treatment:
- Provide wound care, dressings, and other nursing treatments as required.
- Monitor the progress of wound healing and report any complications to the healthcare team.
- Continuously monitor residents' health conditions and promptly report changes or concerns to the charge nurse or physician.
- Assist with managing chronic illnesses and conditions.
Patient and Family Education:
- Educate residents and their families on medical conditions, medications, and self-care practices.
- Offer guidance on maintaining residents' overall health and comfort.
Safety and Infection Control:
- Follow strict infection control protocols to minimize the risk of infections within the LTC facility.
- Ensure residents' safety by identifying and addressing hazards and unsafe conditions.
- Maintain accurate and detailed resident records, including assessments, care plans, medications administered, and any changes in condition.
- Comply with all regulatory and facility-specific documentation requirements.
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary healthcare team, including physicians, registered nurses, certified nursing assistants, and therapists, to ensure holistic resident care.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues to coordinate care and respond to resident needs.
- Participate in quality assurance and performance improvement activities to enhance resident care and meet regulatory standards.
- Be prepared to respond to medical emergencies and initiate life-saving measures when necessary.
- Current and valid LPN license in the state of employment.
- Practical Nurse diploma or associate degree in nursing.
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification.
- Strong knowledge of nursing practices specific to long-term care settings.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Empathy and compassion for the elderly and those with long-term care needs.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
If you are interested, please contact :
Meredith Lusby - Account Manager