MRI Technologist - Full Time Need - Multi Modality *ARRT
Ogallala, NE 69153 US
The MRI Technologist performs procedures in accordance with departmental protocols and standards. Operates MRI Scanners and associated equipment with a high level of proficiency. This equipment includes scanner, post processing stations/programs, IV contrast injectors, O2 and suction equipment, patient transport and patient monitoring
- Examines requests and verifies orders on each assigned patient. Refers and questions orders to the Radiologist before performing exam. Contacts ordering provider when there are discrepancies.
- Properly identify (Using two patient identifiers) and assist patients while offering a brief explanation of the procedures. Prepares patients for the procedure with a full explanation and documents on appropriate worksheets.
- Interviews patients for a complete medical history. Reviews in-patients, ER, and outpatients EMR’s to obtain pertinent clinical history. Records medical history on requisitions. Correlates other test results and laboratory data with exam being performed.
- Assumes responsibility for the exam from beginning of exam until completion of dictated results.
- Prepares and administers IV contrast according to departmental protocols. On request, records contrast type and amount.
- Evaluates technical quality of images and consults with a Radiologist if needed. Recognizes abnormal anatomy and processes any additional, reconstructed images, and/or measurements as instructed.
- Performs basic patient care functions. Informs appropriate nursing personnel of any changes in the patient’s condition. Initiates life support measures for patients when necessary. Assists in “code blue” procedures during medical emergencies.
Graduate of 2 year accredited school of Radiologic Technology, ARRT certified in Radiography & preferred MRI (or registry eligible for MRI), Current BLS Certification.
If you are interested in hearing more about this great opportunity, please contact:
Meredith Lusby - Account Manager