Medical Lab Technician - MLT/MT
Medicine Lodge, KS US
Medical Lab Technician / Medical Technologist - MLT/MT
Connected Health Care has many opportunities near Ashland, KS to help grow your career and give you the resources you need to be successful. The team at this facility is compassionate about their hospital and everyone who joins their team. So, if you are a lab professional looking to take the next step in your career with a fantastic organization, this could be a great opportunity and just what you’ve been looking for!
Performs routine and complex analytical procedures, recognizes deviations and provides interpretation following established standards and practices, under minimal supervision.
• Operates instruments and performs procedures within scope of training, utilizing established protocols. Performs scheduled maintenance procedures. Recognizes equipment malfunctions and acts according to established protocols.
• Performs, records, and maintains accurate quality control records. Recognizes out of control results and takes appropriate actions.
• Answers inquiries regarding results and factors affecting results. Interacts with health care team, maintaining patient confidentiality. Acts as a liaison and fosters effective communication between laboratory and health care team. • Performs routine inquiry and data input on the laboratory computer system.
• Instructs new employees and students as required. Presents educational information to employees as requested.
• Processes biological specimens for analysis following established procedures. Evaluates and solves problems related to specimen collection and processing
• Maintains established hospital and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control. Complies with requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies by attending mandatory in-services and continuing laboratory education and participating in continuous quality improvement. Maintains and upgrades personal development.
• Drafts and review procedures. Participate in new method evaluation as requested • Acts as a team leader as assigned, by establishing and completing objectives. May direct the scheduling and completion of all activities. May instruct, assign work and provide guidance to co-workers in the absence of supervisory personnel.
• Performs other duties as directed.
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
- Ask us more about additional benefits.
MT Education/Certification Requirements • Must have bachelor’s degree or in final semester of an accredited MT/MLS bachelor’s degree program (must provide degree within 6 months of hire). Must have MT/MLS (ASCP) OR an appropriate categorical ASCP registry OR be eligible to achieve MT/MLS (ASCP) registry (must complete registration within one year of hire). Requires previous clinical experience. Must fulfill all requisite criteria for Medical Technologist I, unless grandfathered prior to 1987.
MLT Education/Certification Requirements • Must have an Associate degree or equivalent in chemical, physical, biological laboratory science. Must be MLT (ASCP) registered or registry eligible (must complete registration within one year of hire). Requires previous clinical experience. Must fulfill all requisite criteria for Medical Laboratory Technician I
If you are interested in hearing more about this great opportunity, please contact:
Nicole Bartlett - Senior Account Manager