Medical Surgical/Emergency Department Registered Nurse (BSN)
Kimball, NE 69145 US
Registered Nurse (BSN)
Full Time Openings
Connected Health Care is partnered with a critical access facility in need of full time Registered Nurses to join their team. This facility is located in Kimball, Nebraska. If you are a new grad or experienced nursing candidate, this may be for you!
We are seeking an experienced and compassionate Registered Nurse (RN) to join our dynamic healthcare team in the Medical-Surgical and Emergency Department. In this dual role, you will be responsible for providing high-quality patient care to individuals admitted to the medical-surgical unit and responding effectively to emergency situations in the Emergency Department. Your expertise will contribute to promoting patient well-being, efficient care delivery, and positive patient outcomes.
Patient Assessment and Care:
- Conduct comprehensive patient assessments upon admission, taking into account medical history, current condition, and individual needs.
- Develop and implement personalized care plans to address patients' medical, surgical, and rehabilitation needs.
- Administer medications, treatments, and interventions according to established protocols.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams, including physicians, nurse practitioners, and allied healthcare professionals, to ensure coordinated patient care.
- Communicate effectively with patients, families, and caregivers, providing education and addressing their questions and concerns.
Monitoring and Documentation:
- Monitor patients' vital signs, pain levels, and overall condition, promptly identifying any changes and taking appropriate action.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date patient records and documentation in electronic medical records systems.
- Respond rapidly to emergency situations, providing immediate care to patients with critical conditions.
- Utilize advanced assessment skills to prioritize patient care, stabilize conditions, and initiate necessary interventions.
Triage and Assessment:
- Perform triage assessments to determine the acuity of patients' conditions and allocate appropriate resources.
- Collaborate with the healthcare team to make decisions on patient disposition, whether for admission, observation, or discharge.
- Administer life-saving treatments and medications in emergency situations, following established protocols and guidelines.
- Assist in procedures and interventions, such as wound care, suturing, and starting intravenous lines.
Communication and Collaboration:
- Communicate effectively with emergency physicians, trauma teams, and other healthcare professionals to ensure seamless patient care.
- Provide emotional support to patients and families during stressful and critical moments.
- Valid and unrestricted RN license in the state of practice.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred, but not mandatory.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in both medical-surgical and emergency nursing settings.
- BLS (Basic Life Support) and ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certifications.
- Strong clinical assessment and critical thinking skills, especially during emergency situations.
- Excellent communication skills to interact effectively with patients, families, and healthcare teams.
- Ability to remain composed and efficient in high-stress and fast-paced environments.
- Proficiency in electronic medical records systems and medical documentation.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
- Exposure to a diverse range of medical cases and scenarios.
- Collaborative and supportive healthcare team environment.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact:
Meredith Lusby - Account Manager