Occupational Therapist - Urgent Need - Full Time
Ranchettes, WY US
Inpatient and Outpatient Work
Full Time - Urgent Need
Connected Health Care is partnered with a great facility searching for an Occupational Therapist to join their team. This facility is located near Ranchettes Wyoming. If you are a new grad or experienced OT, this job may be for you!
The Occupational Therapist provides comprehensive occupational therapy services to patients in Nebraska. They assess patients' abilities and develop personalized treatment plans to help them regain, develop, or enhance their daily living skills and achieve greater independence. The occupational therapist collaborates with the healthcare team to ensure high-quality patient care and exceptional service.
- Conduct thorough evaluations to assess patients' physical, cognitive, sensory, and psychosocial abilities, as well as their environmental and functional needs.
- Develop individualized treatment plans based on evaluation results, patient goals, and evidence-based practice.
- Provide therapeutic interventions to improve fine motor skills, coordination, sensory integration, visual perception, and cognitive abilities.
- Utilize adaptive equipment, assistive devices, and environmental modifications to enhance patients' independence and functional performance.
- Educate patients, families, and caregivers on adaptive strategies, energy conservation techniques, and home modifications to promote safety and independence.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary healthcare professionals to ensure coordinated and holistic patient care.
- Document patient progress, treatment outcomes, and any necessary modifications in electronic medical records.
- Participate in departmental meetings, quality improvement initiatives, and professional development activities.
- Adhere to ethical and legal standards of practice, maintain patient confidentiality, and comply with all relevant policies and procedures.
- Current Occupational Therapist license in the state of Nebraska.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working as an occupational therapist in a healthcare setting.
- In-depth knowledge of occupational therapy theory, assessments, interventions, and modalities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively engage with patients, families, and healthcare team members.
- Proficiency in using electronic medical records and other relevant software applications.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary healthcare environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt interventions to meet patient needs.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings, as required.
- Must be able to lift and move equipment and assist patients as needed.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and perform occupational therapy activities for extended periods.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and kneel as required for patient care.
If you are interested, please contact:
Meredith Lusby - Account Manager