Progressive Care Unit - RN - Travel/Contract
Rapid City, SD 57701 US
Progressive Care Unit Registered Nurse
*Up To $2,304/Week*
Connected Health Care is searching for a travel PCU RN to join a well-known hospital located near Rapid City South Dakota. If you are an experienced Registered Nurse traveler looking for your next opportunity, this may be for you!
We are seeking a highly skilled and compassionate Registered Nurse to join our Progressive Care Unit (PCU) team. As a Progressive Care Unit RN, you will be responsible for providing specialized nursing care to patients who require intermediate-level monitoring and intervention. Your role will involve closely monitoring patients' vital signs, administering medications, coordinating care plans, and collaborating with a multidisciplinary healthcare team.
- Perform comprehensive assessments of patients' conditions and develop individualized care plans.
- Monitor and interpret patients' vital signs, including heart rate, blood pressure, and oxygen saturation levels.
- Administer medications and treatments as prescribed, ensuring accurate dosage and proper administration techniques.
- Collaborate with physicians, nurse practitioners, and other healthcare professionals to develop and implement appropriate interventions.
- Monitor and manage patients' responses to treatments and medications, adjusting care plans as necessary.
- Educate patients and their families about the treatment plan, medications, and post-discharge care.
- Ensure the provision of high-quality, compassionate care in line with established standards and protocols.
- Document patient assessments, interventions, and outcomes accurately and timely.
- Respond effectively to emergencies, including initiating and coordinating emergency procedures when necessary.
- Participate in ongoing professional development activities to enhance nursing knowledge and skills.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by adhering to infection control and safety protocols.
- Valid and current registered nursing license in South Dakota.
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program.
- Minimum of 1.5 years of experience as a Registered Nurse, preferably in a progressive care or critical care setting and previous travel experience.
- Knowledge of advanced cardiac monitoring and interpretation.
- Proficiency in administering medications and intravenous therapies.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing patient needs and work schedules.
- BLS, ACLS, NIHSS.
- Familiarity with electronic medical records (EMR) systems.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact:
Meredith Lusby.- Account Manager