RN Manger- Operating Room *Sign On Bonus*
335 SE 8th Ave Hillsboro, OR 97123 US
Connected Health Care is searching for an Operating Room Nurse Manager to serve in a renowned hospital near Portland, OR.
The Nurse Manager is responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of the care provided on the patient care unit(s) that is consistent with the Mission and Vision of the hospital. They are responsible for 24 hour management of the patient care area.
The candidate will also support optimal care that requires specialized knowledge, critical thinking, and skills based on evidenced based practice, and demonstrates the attributes of Servant Leadership communicates clearly and motivates others to achieve outcomes.
This is a rare opportunity to be a leader of the most driven and compassionate teams of nurses in the state. if you are a proven nurse with a desire to grow your skills and career, this position is for you!
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develops, manages, and evaluates OR budget
- Interviews, selects hires, and retains employees.
- Ensures orientation and training for employees.
- Promotes, demotes, or transfers employees to meet organizational needs.
- Executes progressive discipline up to and including termination.
- Manages departmental productivity standards.
- Serves as the Chief Recruitment and Retention officer in area of responsibility/unit.
- Performs compliance requirements as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Approves payroll and is responsible for accurate payment of employees.
- Demonstrates the provision of the mission and vision of the hospital by providing leadership and innovation within areas of responsibility.
- Performs all duties according to policy and procedure.
- Identifies customer needs. Develops and implements services and processes to meet these.
- Achieves continuous systematic measurable improvement in areas of responsibility.
- Leads and participates in organizational change.
- Sets performance standards for staff. Develops working environment and avenues for education and training to meet those standards.
- Achieves federal, state, local and third party regulatory requirements.
- Inspires pride in the organization and takes corrective action when organizational values are compromised.
- Implements communication mechanism within areas of responsibility whereby, employees, physicians, patients and families feel they are listened to understood and understand messages sent.
- Current State RN licensure
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an RN with proven leadership and management skills
- BLS Required
- ACLS and PALS preferred
- Must be able to read, write legibly, speak, and comprehend English
Riley Barnes – Senior Executive Recruiter
(512) – 838 – 3255