Radiology Technician - Surgery Center
Springfield, MA 01107 US
Job Title: Radiology Technician (Direct Hire)
Reports to:OR Manager, Director of Nursing
No nights, no weekends, no holidays, no on-call requirement
Responsible for performing fluoroscopy (C-arm) procedures in the operating room. Also responsible for participating in preoperative assessment of the patient, including C-arm procedures. Maintains and documents equipment are properly calibrated. Maintains log of all C-arm procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the philosophy, goals, and objectives of Center.
- Supports and performs according to approved policies and procedures.
- Participates as a team member in support of the total perioperative process.
- Considers patient rights in performance of job duties and responsibilities.
- Contributes to the progress and development of the approved QAPI Program
- Supports risk management and participates in programs directed to patient and staff safety.
- Contributes to the quality improvement process; identifies role and contributions upon request.
- Objectively evaluates suggestions, grievances and processes to identify opportunities to improve performance and quality of care.
- Communicates effectively with supervisor/management, patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers.
- Interactions are respectful and courteous.
- Communicates effectively and professionally using a translator when necessary.
- Documents that information received from the patient is disseminated to the appropriate people or departments.
- Maintains and promotes professional competence through continuing education and other learning experiences.
- Participates in committees and quality improvement activities.
- Seeks new learning experiences by accepting challenging opportunities and responsibilities.
- Objectively evaluates suggestions or criticism and attempts to improve performance or seeks further guidance as needed.
- Attends and actively participates in meetings, committees, and in-services according to job responsibilities and Center requirements.
- Adheres to safety policies and procedures in performing job duties and responsibilities.
- Reports observed or suspected violations, hazards, and noncompliance according to Center policy.
- Observes safety measures in performance of job duties and responsibilities.
- Responds to emergency situations with competence and composure.
- Interacts appropriately with various age groups.
- Accurately assesses and interprets age-specific patient data.
- Accurately interprets age-specific patient responses to questions and instructions.
- Involves the patients family/significant other in decision-making about the patients care.
- Provides care appropriate to the patients age group.
- Accurately applies knowledge of growth and development.
- Considers age-specific patient requirements when responding to emergency situations.
- Completes duties according to the requirements of each approved procedure needing radiological support.
- Assembles necessary supplies and positioning aids for scheduled procedures according to physicians preference card.
- Tests and monitors equipment for proper working condition.
- Confirms that all persons in the room are properly shielded before activating C-arm.
- Applies the prescribed procedures to completely perform the radiology technician functions.
- Follows principles and aseptic technique in performing duties during the procedure.
- Remains available during the procedure to provide timely response to physician or patient needs.
- Follows manufacturers specifications and OSHA guidelines when performing C-arm procedures.
- Performs required maintenance of equipment by adhering to cleaning, care, storage and calibration procedures as directed.
- Handles equipment correctly to provide availability and safety.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Responds in a timely manner to meet the needs of the patient and the physician.
- Documents records and other forms according to CENTER policy.
- Communicates information about the patients status to others responsible for patient care.
- Accurately comprehends and interprets verbal orders and direction.
- Performs other duties that may be appropriately required or assigned.
- Associates Degree in Applied Science (A.S) or equivalent from two year college and technical school; six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) years of radiology technician experience preferred.
- A.A.R.T certification
Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, hear, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.