Registered Nurse (OR Circulator) *Sign-on!*
1 Loveland, CO 80537 US
Registered Nurse – Operating Room Circulator
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence, and honor every voice? Connected Health Care is searching for passionate operating room circulator for an established Health Care system in Estes Park, CO for their OR department.
Our client is dedicated to making an impact on their community and their employees. If you are looking to join a team that’s mission is to make a difference in other people’s lives, this could be a great fit for you.
SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE FOR EXPERIENCED CANDIDATES!
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate intraoperative patient care plans
- Perform the duties of Circulator and Scrub in the CVOR to include pre-operative assessment and patient care, Intraoperative care, charting, counts, equipment, supplies, specimen collection, and post op hand-off.
- Perform the duties of Circulator in the Cardiac Cath and Electrophysiology Labs to include pre-operative assessment and patient care, Intraoperative care, charting, counts, equipment, supplies, specimen collection, and post op hand-off.
- Responsible for the care of patients pre and post procedure/surgery in the CPPU to include coordination of care among multiple disciplines, pre and post procedure/surgical assessments, teaching, medication administration, transplant infusions, sedated procedures such as PICC line insertion and echo as well as monitoring and intervening in post procedure/surgical complications.
- Serves as the communication liaison to patients, families and members of the operating team
- Prepares operating room for patient and procedure
- Delivers patient and family centered care incorporating the nursing process while providing developmentally appropriate, culturally sensitive, evidence-based care. Actively anticipates changes in patient outcomes/ unit needs in the provision of care.
- Communicate and advocate patient values, preferences and expressed needs as part of implementation of care plan, evaluation of care and assessment of patient/family learning needs to the interdisciplinary team. Initiates and anticipates individualized care and education for patients/families across the continuum using an interdisciplinary approach
- Utilizes outcome data at the patient level to make care decisions.
- Participates in the quality improvement activities and uses quality measures to understand individual and unit performance.
- Communicates observations or concerns related to unsafe situations that pose a risk to patients, families or the health care team.
- Recognizes and applies information and technology of patient and unit outcomes to facilitate communication, clinical decision making, error prevention, and care coordination.
- Navigates and documents in the EMR to support patient care.
- Works within scope of practice and delegates according to Nurse Practice Act.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Solid knowledge in medical/ clinical operations.
- Solid knowledge in principles of communication: verbal and written, to deal with all levels of personnel.
- Solid customer service skills with hospital/ clinic staff, children, parents, and visitors.
- Solid knowledge of electronic medical records.
- Ability to prioritize and organize tasks in a fast-paced, critical care setting.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Skill in developing and maintain effective working relationships with personnel.
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification:
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Experience: 2 years nursing experience and 1-year operating room experience
- Equivalency: None
- Certification(s): BLS/CPR, ACLS, and PALS from the American Heart Association with at least 6 months left before expiration is required upon hire. CNOR within 6 months of hire.
- Licensure(s): Current State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
If you are interested in hearing more about this great opportunity, please contact:
Nicole Bartlett – Senior Executive Recruiter
(512) – 808 – 4774