Registered Nurse - Float Needs - BSN
Elm Creek, NE 68836 US
Float Registered Nurse
Inpatient Floor/Emergency Department
Full Time - BSN
Connected Health Care is partnered with a critical access facility located near Elm Creek Nebraska. If you are a new grad or experienced Registered Nurse, this may be the position for you!
The Emergency Department Registered Nurse is a critical care provider who offers rapid assessment, intervention, and stabilization to patients with urgent medical needs. This role requires a high level of critical thinking, adaptability, and the ability to work effectively under pressure to deliver timely and skilled care.
1. Triage and Assessment:
- Rapidly assess patients upon arrival, prioritizing care based on the severity of their conditions.
- Perform thorough physical assessments, obtain medical histories, and interpret diagnostic tests to determine appropriate treatment plans.
2. Critical Care:
- Administer lifesaving interventions and treatments to stabilize critically ill or injured patients.
- Collaborate with emergency physicians and other healthcare professionals to coordinate patient care and interventions.
3. Emergency Procedures:
- Perform a range of emergency procedures, including starting IV lines, administering medications, providing wound care, and assisting with intubations.
4. Communication and Collaboration:
- Effectively communicate with patients, families, and the healthcare team, ensuring clear understanding of treatment plans and expectations.
- Participate in multidisciplinary rounds and provide input on patient care plans.
- Document patient assessments, interventions, and outcomes accurately in the EMR.
- Maintain detailed records of medications administered and procedures performed.
6. Patient Advocacy:
- Advocate for patients' needs, ensuring their comfort, safety, and understanding of the care being provided.
- Address any concerns or questions patients and families may have.
7. Trauma Care:
- Respond to trauma activations and provide skilled care to trauma patients, adhering to established trauma protocols.
8. Quality Improvement:
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives aimed at enhancing patient care, safety, and departmental efficiency.
- Stay up-to-date with emergency nursing standards and guidelines.
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program, with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Current and valid RN license in the state of practice.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications required.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact :
Meredith Lusby - Account Manager