Surgical Technician *Up to $72k/yr*
Lyons, CO 80540 US
Surgical Tech – Full Time
Large Sign-On Bonus Offered for Qualified Candidates!
Connected HC has been engaged by a client for a Full Time Surgical Tech to join their tight knit team near Medford, Oregon. This hospital is located in one of the most beautiful areas of the country, but more importantly, has been ranked as one of the top employers in the state to work for year-over-year.
Understands the procedure being performed and anticipates the needs of the surgeon. Conveys instruments and supplies to the surgeon as necessary and is responsible for maintenance of the sterile field. Maintains and follows accepted hospital procedures under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse. Handles the instruments, supplies, and equipment utilized during the surgical procedure.
Specific Job Duties:
- Picks supplies and instrumentation for surgical procedures.
- Participates in maintenance of preference cards.
- Assists RN with room preparation.
- Maintains and promotes a clean environment and uses infection control practices
- Participates in sterilization and disinfection processes Assists in cleaning between cases
- Sets up and maintains sterile field
- Selects and sets up appropriate instrumentation for cases and cares for specialty instrumentation Maintains accurate count of sponges, sharps, and instruments
- Follows preference cards to select routine supplies, equipment and instruments
- Assists with draping and positioning of patients
- Passes appropriate instruments and supplies to surgeon and assistant
- Handles, labels, and passes medications to surgeon under the supervision of the RN
- Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification (maintain current at all times).
- Completion of a formal OR tech training program
- Certified as an Operating Room Technician preferred
- One years experience in the operating room preferred
If you are interested in hearing more about this great opportunity, please contact:
Nicole Bartlett – Senior Executive Recruiter
(512) – 808 – 4774