LOCAL CONTRACT Speech Language Pathologist - Home Health *Up to 2,500 Weekly*
Mansfield, OH 44902 US
*Up to $2,500 per week*
Under the general supervision of the Director of Therapy, the Speech Language Pathologist is responsible for patient evaluation and the application of a wide variety of therapeutic techniques for the habilitation and rehabilitation of patients with speech and language disorders, oral, pharyngeal, or laryngeal motor disorders.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
- Examines, tests, diagnosis and administers remedial treatment for patients with communication and/or swallowing disorders per physician orders.
- Provides appropriate evaluation, counseling and education to all patients in the comfort of their homes
- Performs evaluations with special attention to receptive and expressive language skills, speech fluency, vocal and oral motor competence, articulation and auditory skills.
- Develops a comprehensive plan of care/treatment based on diagnostic findings, backgrounds information, prognosis and input from patient, family and interdisciplinary team member.
- Develops appointment schedules which are calculated to have the maximum feasible therapeutic impact on the patient.
- Attends to specific patient variables such as motivation, stamina, etc., in planning treatment programs.
- Maintains active and supportive communication with the patient and others concerned regarding progress, problems, home programs and other issues related to the therapeutic process.
- Check in with patients at their home location and provide therapy on site
- Responsible for keeping all appropriate medical and department records.
- Responsible for the maintenance of equipment and supplies used or consumed as part of the therapeutic process.
- Maintains reliable transportation
- Performs internal and external public education functions which may include periodic in-service presentations.
- Masters or doctoral degree in Speech Language Pathology.
- Must be licensed or eligible for license by the State of Ohio to practice Speech Language Pathology.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) or performing Clinical Fellowship (CFY) under direct supervision of qualified personnel.
- Must and adhere to the ethics of the profession for which the individual holds a license/certification.
- Must have at least one (1) year experience and completed ASHA Clinical Fellowship year.
- Be willing to drive to patient homes and maintain reliable transportation.
For more information regarding the role, please contact:
Devin Miller - Business Development Manager