X-Ray Tech/Radiology Tech - Full Time
Sergeant Bluff, IA 51054 US
Connected Health Care is searching for a Rad Tech to join an outstanding hospital in the beautiful state of Iowa located near Sergeant Bluff Iowa. We hope you take on this opportunity to work in such a great hospital that advocates for a work-life balance and strives to give their employees the healthcare career they have always dreamed of!
• Competently operates imaging equipment while performing procedures in a safe and optimal manner. Reviews medical records for patient history and pertinent clinical information. Transfers patient to imaging table, explains procedure and positions the patient according to protocol. Administers radiopharmaceuticals as authorized by the Radiologist. Recognizes and responds to hypersensitivity and/or allergic reactions.
• Reviews studies for overall quality. Operates computers associated with imaging equipment used to produce, process and optimize clinical data.
• Performs quality control procedures at the designated intervals on imaging and the ancillary equipment, as assigned, to ensure compliance with the Federal and Joint Commission standards of care.
• Organizes daily work schedule and responds to emergencies, as necessary.
• Demonstrates competency in the use of all applicable aspects of the Radiology Information System (RIS), Hospital Information System (HIS), and other computer systems unique to assigned imaging modality.
• Performs filing and other administrative/clerical procedures, as requested, to support the provision of diagnostic services in the department.
• Interacts professionally with patients, colleagues, and other co-workers to effectively complete daily tasks.
• Participates in the Performance Improvement Program as required for imaging modality.
• Participates in continuing education activities as required by imaging modality; if appropriate, train with the IV nurses to obtain IV insertion competency.
• Performs on-call duties and/or works variable shifts, as assigned, to meet the needs of the department.
• Maintains supply inventory and orders supplies when necessary.
• Work as a member of the Radiology team to help reinforce a culture of safety in the Radiology Department and organization wide.
• Maintain confidentiality of medical information.
Certified by the American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT)
Licensed Radiologic Technologist by the State of Iowa
Must maintain current CPR certification
Effective communication skills
Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
Ability to handle confidential material with maturity, sensitivity, and discretion
Must exhibit a caring and compassionate attitude towards patients and their families
If you are interested in hearing more about this great opportunity, please contact:
Meredith Lusby - Account Manager